Around the church, now lying directly to the left of the main road, had been Church Town, with its cottages, church house and school and across the valley and now on the other side of the A38, lie Upper Dean and Deancombe. Lower Dean lies to the left of the A38.
1930 The Church of St. George the Martyr, Dean Prior Choir,:
BELOW IS A LIST OF THE FAMILY NAMES FROM THE ORIGINAL PARISH RECORDS 1558-1837
DEAN PRIOR FAMILIES
RESEARCHED THROUGH THE REGISTERS
John had been an Oxford graduate, bus driver, psychiatric nurse, ordained priest, devoted husband and father, benefactor of the church.
John served loyally under Revd Paul Wilson and Revd John Rowland. John was not afraid to swim against the popular flow. He was his own man and an independent thinker. John did not need to use the Prayer Book when he led Holy Communion. He knew and could recite it by heart.
We, at St George the Martyr, were very privileged to have benefitted from his ministry.